|Moses on Mount Sinai by Jean-Léon Gérôme|
- Exodus 22 :1-15 Is all about the rights of property and what is to happen if someone's property is stolen or damaged in all sorts of circumstances. It is a great chapter to read if you are teaching about theft and property care.
- Exodus 22:16-31 Is all about the Lords's view on crimes against humanity.
- Exodus 22:16-17 is about virginity.Virginity is important to the Lord.
- Exodus 22:22-24 You shall not afflict any widow or fatherless child. If you afflict them in any way and they cry at all to Me, I will surely hear their cry And My wrath shall burn; I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall be widows and your children fatherless The bible has 43 verses in the old testamant about the fatherless and the widow. What is pure worship in the sight of the LORD ? James 1:27 External religious worship [ religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.
- Exodus 22:27 ... I will listen because I am compassionate.
- Exodus 23:2 You must not follow a crowd in wrongdoing. ...
- Even the land had a sabbath rest. Exodus 23:10-13 For six years we are to sow and reap but on the seventh it is to be left fallow.
- Exodus 23:14-19 God commands to be honoured through three festivals. Festival of Unleavened Bread, Festival of Harvest and the Festival of Ingathering.
- Exodus 23:25-26 You shall serve the Lord your God; He shall bless your bread and water, and I will take sickness from your midst. None shall lose her young by miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.
- Exodus 23:20-33 & Exodus 24: 1-18 is the commitment of Israel to do what the Lord commands and the Lord's covenant to fillful the covenant He made with Abraham and to give them the land little by litte. He warns them about the sin in the land and to destroy the alters and not to practice as the inhabitants practice.
For Further Reading:
- The Festival of Unleavened Bread at Bible Research.org
- Chag HaMatzot - Festival of Unleavened Bread over at Hebrew 4 Christians.com
- What does the Feast of Unleavened Bread mean for Christians over at The Good News.
- Festival of Harvest over at Truth of Yahweh
- Feast of Tabernacles over at Key Way