- Leviticus 22:31-32 So shall you heartily accept My commandments and conform your life and conduct to them. I am the Lord. Neither shall you profane My holy name [applying it to an idol, or treating it with irreverence or contempt or as a byword]; but I will be hallowed among the Israelites. I am the Lord, Who consecrates and makes you holy,
- Leviticus 24:15-16 And you shall say to the Israelites, Whoever curses his God shall bear his sin. And he who blasphemes the Name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him; the stranger as well as he who was born in the land shall be put to death when he blasphemes the Name [of the Lord]. It is a serious thing to use His holy name in vain.
- Leviticus 24:19-20 And if a man causes a blemish or disfigurement on his neighbor, it shall be done to him as he has done: Fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; as he has caused a blemish or disfigurement on a man, so shall it be done to him. Jesus said: You have heard that it was said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. But I say to you, Do not resist the evil man [who injures you]; but if anyone strikes you on the right jaw or cheek, turn to him the other one too. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your undershirt (tunic), let him have your coat also. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two [miles]. Give to him who keeps on begging from you, and do not turn away from him who would borrow [at interest] from you. Matthew 5:38-42
- I found this verse interesting today especially in the light of allowing other cultures to practice their own set of laws when their populations grow in the land because of political correctness: Leviticus 24:22 You shall have the same law for the sojourner among you as for one of your own nationality, for I am the Lord your God.
- Numbers 5:6-7 Say to the Israelites, When a man or woman commits any sin that men commit by breaking faith with the Lord, and that person is guilty, Then he shall confess the sin which he has committed, and he shall make restitution for his wrong in full, and add a fifth to it, and give it to him whom he has wronged. What an excellent verse to remember and teach to our children and one another. When we sin we are breaking faith with our Lord and these are the steps the Lord wants us to follow.
- Numbers 5:11-31 An interesting look at the treatment of a woman if she commits adultery or if she commits adultery and her husband does not know but feels jealous. The Lord would curse her and close her womb.
The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you;
The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you;
The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).Numbers 6:24-26