The Tzitz: The Golden Crown of the High Priest.
|Source: Temple Institute|
- Exodus 28:31-43 is all about the priestly garments.
- Exodus 28:42 Make them linen undergarments to cover their naked bodies; they must extend from the waist to the thighs. Once again the Lord wants our nakedness covered.
- Exodus 29 is all about the sacrifices and consecration of the priests.
- Consecration means: The act or ceremony of separating form a common to a sacred use, or of devoting and dedicating a person or thing to the service and worship of God, by certain rites or solemnities. Consecration does not make a person or thing really holy, but declares it to be sacred, that is, devoted to God or to divine service; as the consecration of the priests among the Israelites; the consecration of the vessels used in the temple;
- 1 Chronicles 23:13 The sons of Amram: Aaron and Moses. Aaron was set apart to sanctify him as most holy and to consecrate the most holy things, that he and his sons forever might burn incense before the Lord, minister to Him, and bless in His name [and the character which that name denotes] forever
- Psalm 4:3 But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself [and given distinction to] him who is godly [the man of loving-kindness]. The Lord listens and heeds when I call to Him.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, that you should be consecrated (separated and set apart for pure and holy living): that you should abstain and shrink from all sexual vice,
- 2 Timothy 2:21 So whoever cleanses himself [from what is ignoble and unclean, who separates himself from contact with contaminating and corrupting influences] will [then himself] be a vessel set apart and useful for honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work
- Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also suffered and died outside the [city's] gate in order that He might purify and consecrate the people through [the shedding of] His own blood and set them apart as holy [for God]
- 1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.
- Revelation 22:21 The grace (blessing and favor) of the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) be with all the saints (God's holy people, those set apart for God, to be, as it were, exclusively His). Amen (so let it be)!
- Inauguration Ceremony: New Workshop for Priestly Garments on YouTube
- The Cut Must Be Tailored To Each Cohen on INN TV Israel. News Story about the manufacturing of the priestly clothing. - YouTube. July 2008