- Today we are reading in Numbers 10, 11, 12
- Numbers 10:14-28 speaks about how the Israelites camped, marched moved on and obeyed the Lords command daily. I found the references to banners interesting. He had order among the tribes. His presence was visible day and night. His presence was a banner over Israel for all to see.
- And I will come down and talk with you there; and I will take of the Spirit which is upon you and will put It upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, so that you may not have to bear it yourself alone. Numbers 11:17 This verse reminds me of the Lord sending the Holy Spirit to be our helper and guide. John 14:26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
- Numbers 12:6-8 And He said, Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make Myself known to him in a vision and speak to him in a dream. But not so with My servant Moses; he is entrusted and faithful in all My house. With him I speak mouth to mouth [directly], clearly and not in dark speeches; and he beholds the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against My servant Moses?Can you imagine being this blessed ?? This part of the story of Aaron and Mirriam complaining and being jealous of Moses also reminds me that we need to have respect for those in leadership of our congregations. It's amazing how often the people in a church complain about their leadership.
Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will lift up My hand to the Gentile nations and set up My standard and raise high My signal banner to the peoples; and they will bring your sons in the bosom of their garments, and your daughters will be carried upon their shoulders Isaiah 49:22
For Further Reading.
- 12 Tribes of Israel Banners over at Banah Torah. Excellent post on each tribe with a picture of their banner and corrosponding scripture showing where the symbols came from.
- The Four Banners of Israel over at Bible Fragrances.
- What are Banners ? over at Christ Centered Mall.
- The Twelve Tribes of Israel: In Symbol & Blessing over at Lion and Lamb Ministries.
- How Big is a Bushel ?