- Season all your grain offerings with salt. Do not leave the salt of the covenant of your God out of your grain offerings; add salt to all your offerings Leviticus 2:13 Salt a symbol and part of a covenant
- The priest shall burn them on the altar as food, offered by fire, for a sweet and satisfying fragrance. All the fat is the Lord's. It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations in all your dwelling places, that you eat neither fat nor blood. Leviticus 3:16-17 I found this verse interesting in that the LORD says All the fat is His. It made me think about the health issues we face in relation to fat in our diets. A few years back I remember reading What the Bible says about Healthy Living and in there Dr Rex Russel sites some interesting research on the fat of animals. He shared that all the pesticides and chemicals are stored in the fat of meat and not the flesh. This is an excellent read for anyone wanting a better understanding of the medical background on the food injunctions given by the Lord.
- Jesus says of salt in Matthew 5:13 You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste (its strength, its quality), how can its saltiness be restored? It is not good for anything any longer but to be thrown out and trodden underfoot by men.
- Everyone will be salted with fire. “Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other.” Mark 9:49-50
- Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned [as it were] with salt, [so that you may never be at a loss] to know how you ought to answer anyone [who puts a question to you]. Colossians 4:6
- Salt is used in the bible in covenants: Example II Chronicles 13:5
Reading about the sacrifices and all the regulations to be followed I felt rather overwhelmed for the Israelites and was wondering what it all means for me today ?
I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship Romans 12:1 (Amplified Bible)