April 30, 2012

121 - Absalom rebels against his father Kind David.

Kathleen's thoughts

2 Samuel 15; 1-30 This section tells the story of how Absalom deceitful heart plots against his father to become king over Hebron and Israel. It's amazing how people forget the strength of David and the Lord he served and then knowing the truth yet listening to a man of no integrity because of his bitterness that has eaten him over the years since his brothers death.

It also shows you that during this tribulation that David was going through he wrote the most beautiful Psalms, Psalms in trusting God, his confidence in God, his prayer for help and then his cry of anguish. Psalm 62: 1-12,41: 1-13, 63: 1-11, 61: 1-8, 3: 1-8, 22: 1-18.

David still had his loyal followers who knew that David walked with God in all ways and they trusted David because of this and yet David at the same time flees his home - Zadok the priest  was there with all the Levites carrying the ark of the covenant of God. They set the ark of God down and Abiathar offered sacrifices until the people had finished marching past. The king then instructed Zadok Return the ark of God to the city. and if I find favour in the Lord's eyes He will bring me back and allow me to see both it and its dwelling place. When all this was going on David was climbing Mount Olives weeping as he ascended, His head was covered, and he was walking barefoot. and then his prayer for help. Lord how my foes increase! There are many who attack me, Many say about me, "There is no help for him in God" But You, Lord are a shield around me, and my glory, and the One who lifts up my head. I cry aloud to the Lord, and He answers me comes from Psalm 3: 3 It's one of my favourite versed,

David's cry of anguish. Psalm 22: 15 My strength is dried up like baked clay; my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth. You put me into the dust of death. For dogs have surrounded me; a gang of evildoers has closed in on me; they pierced my hands and my feet, I can count all my bones; people look and stare at me, They divided my garments among themselves, and they cast lots for my clothing.
How history repeats itself in the New Testament.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...