April 14, 2012

105 - Saul's desire to capture and kill David

Kathleen's thoughts

Psalm 52: 1-9 Speaks of God's judgment and grace. Verse 8 But I am like a flourishing olive tress in the house of God; I trust in God's faithful love forever and ever. 9. I will praise You forever for what you have done. in the presence of Your faithful people, I will put my hope in Your name, for it is good.
Psalm 109: 1-31 David complains about the deceitful mouths and the wickedness of the people. 30. I will fervently thank the Lord with my mouth; I will praise Him in the presence of many. 31. For He stands at the right hand of the needy, to save him from those who would condemn him.
Psalm 140: 1-13. David prays to God for protection against the enemy. Verse 6. I say to the Lord, You are my God Listen, Lord, to my cry for help. 7. Lord God, my strong Saviour, You shield my head on the day of battle. 8. Lord, do not grant the desires of the wicked; do not let them achieve their goals. Otherwise, they will become proud.
Psalm 31: 1-24 The prayer of trust in God that David has. 3. For You are my rock and my fortress; You lead and guid me because of Your name. 4. You will free me from the net that is secretly set for me, for You are my refuge. 5. Into Your hand I entrust my spirit; You redeem me, Lord, God of truth. 23. Love the Lord , all His faithful ones, The Lord protects the loyal, but fully repays the arrogant. 24. Be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord.
Psalm 54: 1-7 The prayer for protection. 1. God, save me by Your name, and vindicate me by Your might! 2. God, hear my prayer; listen to the words of my mouth. 3. For strangers rise up against me, and violent men seek my life. They have no regard for God. Selah. 4. God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my life. 5. He will repay my adversaries for their evil. Because of Your faithfulness, annihilate them. 6. I will sacrifice a free will offering to You. I will praise Your name, Lord, because it is good. 7. For He has delivered me from every trouble, and my eye has looked down on my enemies.

1 Samuel 23: 6-13. 14-15 -16 -18 In these verses Saul is so desperate now all he wants is to kill David but the Lord is looking after David and Saul knows this but continues to try and flush David out of the hills but David goes to the Lord in prayer and saves him.

Isa. 59:19 When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will put him to flight.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...