|The Death of Abimelech.|
- Jotham Gideon's youngest son set forth a rebuke to the Shechemites and then hid from Abimelech.
- After Abimelech had been on the throne for three years God sent an evil spirit between him and the Shechemites who in turn formed a conspiracy against him.
- Eventually Abimelech realises what's going on and he destroys Shechem.
- From here Abimelech goes to Thebez to attack it but as he approaches the tower he is killed. Thus God repaid the wickedness of Abimelech which he had done to his father [Gideon] by slaying his seventy brothers; And all the wickedness of the men of Shechem God repaid upon their heads and caused to come upon them the curse of Jotham son of Jerubbaal. Judges 9:56-57 (Amplified Bible)
- After Abimelech, Tola son of Puah, son of Dodo became judge and began to deliver Israel. He judged Israel for 23 years.
- The eighth judge of Israel was Jair. He judged Israel for 22 years.
- At this time the Angel of the Lord appeared to the wife of Manoah and told her she would conceive a son and she was not to drink any alcohol or eat any unclean food. She was not to cut the child's hair for he will be a Nazirite.
- So Manoah prayed and asked the Lord to please teach them how to raise the child. The Lord graciously answers his prayer and sends the Angel and Manoah prepares a sacrifice and the Lord accepts it.