April 23, 2012

112 - David's decision to bring back the ark

Kathleen's thoughts

2 Samuel 5,6
1 Chronicles 13: 1-4 14: 13-17
Psalms 139: 1-24, 78: 1-11, 68: 1-18, 78: 67-72

The reading of Psalms today is beautiful, I have taken but a few verses which touched my heart 139: 13-14,16, 23,24. For It was You who created my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful and I know this very well.... Your eyes saw when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began. Search me, God and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.
Then in Psalms 78: 5,6,7. He established a testimony in Jacob and set up a law in Israel, which He commanded our fathers to teach to their children so that a future generation children yet to be born might know. They were to rise and tell their children so that they might put their confidence in God and not forget God's works and keep His commandments.
Psalm 78: 71 He brought him from tending ewes to be shepherd over His people Jacob over Israel, His inheritance. He shepherded them with a pure heart and guided them with his skillful hands.
This reminds me of Jesus also known as the good Shepherd and God says If my sheep would hear my voice.

When one reads Samuel and the Chronicles David consults in pray all the time with the Lord about when and how he must fight to win wars. God guides him and he wins and the Philistines knew this.

David plans to bring back the ark from Kiriath-kearo, When they came to Nacon's threshing floor, Uzzah reached out to the ark of God and took hold of it, because the oxen had stumbled. The Lord's anger burned against Uzzah  and God struck him dead on the spot for his irreverence and he died there next tot he ark of God. David was saddened and angry because of the Lord's outburst against Uzzah but David also feared the Lord that day and said How can the ark of the Lord ever come to me. David then took the ark to the house of Obed-edom where it remained there 3 months. and the Lord blessed Obed-edom and his whole family.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...