April 20, 2012

111 - Jerusalem becomes the capital city

Kathleen's thoughts

Psalm 58: 1-11 Punishment of the wicked
Psalm 93: 1-5 God the great King
Psalm 95: 1-11 A song of praise
Psalm 118: 1-29 A prayer of thanksgiving
Psalm 101: 1-8 David's promise

Just some verses from the book of Psalms in today's readings that have meant a lot to me in my reading of the word over the years. 118: 6. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear; what can man do unto me? 7. The Lord taketh my part with them that help me; therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. 8. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. 14. The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.22.
The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. 23. This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. 24. This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. 28. Thou art my God, and I will praise thee; thou art my God, I will exalt thee. 29. O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for His mercy endureth for ever. (KJV)
Psalm 101: 2 I will pay attention to the way of Integrity. When will You come to me? I will live with integrity of heart in my house. 6. The one who follows the way of integrity may serve me.

David was a man of integrity and he stood by it no matter what. He had a lot of compassion as well and love to give to his people that he reigned over and they knew that.

2 Samuel 5: 6-10 David took up residence in the stronghold and he named it "The City of David" So Jerusalem became the capital city and David became more and more powerful, and the Lord God was with him.

2 Samuel 5: 13-16 & 1 Chronicles 3: 5-9 When David took residence in Jerusalem he took more wives who were concubines and 13 sons were born to him and a sister Tamar

2 Samuel 5:17 & 1 Chronicles 14:8 is about the wars against the Philistines. When the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over all Israel, they all went in search of David; when David heard of this, he went out to fact them.

The Gadites joined David

2 Samuel 23; 13-17 David wants water to drink and 3 of his men broke through the Philistine camp and drew water from the well at the gate of Bethlehem which was a dangerous exercise and on returning with the water David refused to drink because it was water that he wanted
could have gotten the 3 men killed. His word was this "I would never do such a thing in the presence of God! How can I drink the blood of these men who risked their lives?" Such were the exploits of the three warriors.

Makes one think of his righteousness with the Lord. Romans 12: 1 Therefore brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship.

Blessings
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...