|Elisha Multiplies the Bread|
- Elisha preformed a few miracles among the people. Reading them made me think of Jesus and his miracles. One of them is when 20 loaves of bread are multiplied to feed a 100 men.
- Elisha prophesied that Jehoram would die and all his things and wives would be taken as a consequence of his sin.Thirty-two years old was Jehoram when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years, and departed without being wanted. Yet they buried him in the City of David, but not in the tombs of the kings.2 Chronicles 21:20
- Naaman was a commander in the army of Aram and highly respected. Today we read about his journey to healing from a skin disease. It was a simple instruction yet for Naaman a difficult action. Once Naaman humbled himself he was healed.
- Elisha refused Naaman's thank gift but Gehazi his servant thought to himself I will go and get something. So he went after Naaman and asked for the gift. As a consequence he was cursed with Naaman's disease.
- The sons of the prophets went out to the river to chop down trees and one looses an ax head in the river. Elisha threw a stick on the water and the iron ax head floated.
Our healing (emotional, physical, spiritual) is dependent on the simplest acts of obedience and yet we don't do it because of our pride. Let us learn from the life of Naaman and his healing.