- Ahab had 70 sons in Samaria. Jehu demanded all 70 killed.
- Through deception Jehu gathered together all the servants of Baal and had them killed at Baal's temple.
- And the Lord said to Jehu, Because you have executed well what is right in My eyes and have done to the house of Ahab as I willed, your sons to the fourth generation shall sit on Israel’s throne. 2 Kings 10:30 [Fulfilled in II Kings 15:12.]
- Joash became King and Athaliah is executed.
- But Jehu paid no attention to walking in the law of the Lord, the God of Israel, with all his heart. He did not quit the sins with which Jeroboam made Israel to sin. 32 [So] in those days the Lord began to cut off parts of Israel. Hazael [of Syria] defeated them in all the [across the Jordan] territory of Israel 2 Kings 10:31-33
- In the seventh year of Jehu, [a]Joash began to reign, and he reigned forty years in Jerusalem. His mother was Zibiah of Beersheba. 2 Joash did right in the sight of the Lord all his days in which Jehoiada the priest instructed him. 3 Yet the high places were not taken away; the people still sacrificed and burned incense in the high places. 2 Kings 12:1-3