|Triump of Jehoshaphat|
- Then Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself [determinedly, as his vital need] to seek the Lord; he proclaimed a fast in all Judah. And Judah gathered together to ask help from the Lord; even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord [yearning for Him with all their desire]. 2 Chronicles 20:3-4
- Jehoshaphat stood in front of all the people and prayed to the Lord. In his prayer he spoke of who God is and what He the Lord had done in the past and then he brought his petition to the Lord.
- He then prayed the words of Psalm 83:1-18 This Psalm chronicles the works of the Lord and Israel's request for help.
- The Spirit of the Lord came on Hahaziel and the Lord answered Jehoshaphat and Israel. 2 Chronicles 20:15 & 17 (Amplified Bible) 15 He said, Hearken, all Judah, you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you King Jehoshaphat. The Lord says this to you: Be not afraid or dismayed at this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.17 You shall not need to fight in this battle; take your positions, stand still, and see the deliverance of the Lord [Who is] with you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Fear not nor be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you
- Then the Levites and the Korahites stood up and praised the LORD God of Israel. Psalm 46
- 1 God is our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble. 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has wrought desolations and wonders in the earth. 9 He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow into pieces and snaps the spear in two; He burns the chariots in the fire. 10 Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!
- 2 Chronicles 20:20-21 (21) ...he appointed singers to sing to the Lord and praise Him in their holy [priestly] garments as they went out before the army, saying, Give thanks to the Lord, for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!
- The enemy was overcome by the Lord. The Lord blessed Israel abundantly. It took them three days to carry away the plunder each person carrying as much as they could.
- Then they returned triuphantly to Jerusalem and rejoiced with harps, lyres and trumpets all the way to the Lords temple. Psalm 48
- Psalm 48:9 We have thought of Your steadfast love, O God, in the midst of Your temple.
- 2 Chronicles 20: 29-30 And the fear of God came upon all the kingdoms of those countries when they heard that the Lord had fought against the enemies of Israel. So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet, for his God gave him rest round about.
- Jehoshaphat then made an alliance with the King of Israel and built ships. The Lord destroyed what they made.
Found it interresting that it took them three days to hall the plunder. Made me think of the three days Jesus was in the tomb.