June 19, 2012

171 - Joel's Prophecy

The Prophet Zehariah
Kathleen's thoughts

Joel 2: 1-32, 3: 1-21 Joel's prophecy.

2 Chronicles 24: 15-24
2 Kings 12: 17-18, 13: 8-11These are Jehoiada's death, Prices backslide, Joash bribes Hazael, Jehoahaz's death, Jehoash's evil life, Zechariah slain, Judah defeated, Joash slain.


I so enjoyed today's reading...It was about the prophecy of judgment, exhortation to repent, results of repentance, the great promise, Nations judged & Judah's restoration. 
I will refer to some of the scriptures here from

Joel 2: 28 I will pour out My Spirit on all humanity; then your sons and your daughters will prophecy, your old men will have dreasms and your young men will see visions.

Joel 3: 1. Yes, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem. I will gather all the nations and take them to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. I will enter into judgment with them there because of My people, My inheritance Israel. The nations have scattered the Israelites in foreign countries and divided up My land.12 Let the nations be roused and come to the valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit down to judge all the surrounding nations.
This tells me don't harm Israel they my chosen people, Nations, you will be judged accordingly to God's word and promise.


Joel 3: 16 The Lord will roar from Zion and raise His voice from Jerusalem, heaven and earth will shake But the Lord will be a refuge for His people. a stronghold for the Israelites.

Refer back to 2 Kings 14: 25-28 & 2 Chronicles 12: 9
So King Shishak of Egypt went to war against Jerusalem. He seized the treasuries of the Lord's temple and the treasuries of the Royal palace. He took everything. He took the gold shields that Solomon had made.
 Now in Joel's prophecy it says this about the treasuries from the Holy temple.
Joel 3:4-5 And also; Tyre, Sidon, and all the territories of Philistia - what are you to Me? Are you paying Me back or trying to get even with Me? I will quickly bring retribution on your heads. For you took My silver and gold and carried My finest treasures to your temples.


This is proof God does not sleep - revenge is mine sayeth the Lord.


Joel 2: 12 Then everyone who calls on the name of Yahweh will be saved, for there will be an escape for those on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem as the Lord Promised among the survivors the Lord calls.


Have a blessed day friends
Kathleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...