I am back from my merry travels over in South Africa and looking forward to blogging my way through the word with my Mom again! I don't want to flood you notices with over sixty entries so I have decided from next week to post my daily post and one from my trip study.
Hope you are all well and living in His light and seeing His hand in your world.
|The Arrogance of Rehoboam |
by Hans Holbein the Younger 1530
- And after them out of all the tribes of Israel there came to Jerusalem those who set their hearts to seek and inquire of the Lord, the God of Israel, to sacrifice to the Lord, the God of their fathers. So they strengthened the kingdom of Judah and upheld Rehoboam son of Solomon for three years; for they walked in the ways of David and Solomon for three years. 2 Chronicles 11:16-17
- 1 Kings 13:11-32 The cost of disobedience is very high. For this prophet of the LORD it cost him his life. The LORD instructed him not to eat bread or drink water but he listened to another prophet and reasoned to himself instead of obeying the LORD!
- Gosh Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines! After the Lord had established him he abandoned the law of the LORD - and all of Israel with him.
- 2 Chronicles 12:14 And he did evil because he did not set his heart to seek (inquire of, yearn for) the Lord with all his desire. To not enquire of the Lord with our whole heart is considered doing evil.
- 1 Kings 14:22-24 And Judah did evil in the sight of the Lord, Whom they provoked to jealousy with the sins they committed, above all that their fathers had done.
- Because of their unfaithfulness to the LORD, the King of Egypt went to war against them and captured the fortified cities of Judah as far as Jerusalem.
- Due to the sin of being unrepentant and worshiping idols the LORD wiped out and annihilated the house of Jeroboam.
- The Lord prophesied the death and destruction of the house of Jeroboam to his wife.
- There was war between Jeroboam and Rehoboam throughout their reigns.
- Rehoboam died and was buried in the city of David and his son Abijah became king in his place.
I found these two verses spoke to me today. It's about seeking Him and enquiring of Him His will, this will strengthen us.