- The Lord shows Amos visions and declares the end. Amos speaks about Israel's doom..
- The Lord declares His judgements to Amos.
- Hear the word of the Lord, you children of Israel, for the Lord has a controversy (a pleading contention) with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no faithfulness, love, pity and mercy, or knowledge of God [from personal experience with Him] in the land. There is nothing but [false] swearing and breaking faith and killing and stealing and committing adultery; they break out [into violence], one [deed of] bloodshed following close on another. Therefore shall the land [continually] mourn, and all who dwell in it shall languish, together with the wild beasts of the open country and the birds of the heavens; yes, the fishes of the sea also shall [perish because of the drought] be collected and taken away. Hosea 4:1-3
- The Lord's accusation and worship condemned.
- ... For the spirit of harlotry has led them astray and they have played the harlot, withdrawing themselves from subjection to their God. Hosea 4:12
- Jeroboam dies and Zechariah becomes king after he dies Shallum, Menahem become king.
- Uzziah grew strong and arrogant entered the Lord's house to offer incense. He is rebuked by the priests.
- As a consequence the Lord afflicted him with a skin disease till he died.
- Menahem died, Pekahiah took his place and walked in sin.